The Guardians are back and better than ever!
One of my favorite Marvel films to date releases today on Blu Ray and Digital HD with a ton of bonus content that will have you singing your favorite hits of the 70s and 80s!
In Guardians of the Galaxy 2 we join Star Lord and his band of misfits on a new quest to save the world as well as diving deeper into Peter’s past.
Right from the get-go, the film sets the tone of brazen colors and a fight scene that takes a back seat to the most adorable Baby Groot dance sequence that could have ever existed. Going into the film, I was a bit worried that Marvel would lean too heavily into the marketing potential of Baby Groot but James Gunn had done a service of making him one of the strongest characters without completely abusing the popularity.
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is a culmination of everything that makes a film great. A healthy balance of comedy and action with a well written story that may even make you shed a tear or two. We all go to the movies looking to feel something and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 makes that happen on so many levels from joy to sadness.
If you think the fun stopped in the theaters, guess again. The Blu Ray and Digital HD release offers so much more fun than the film itself including the amazing retro-esque Inferno music video which features David Hasselhoff.
Check out a full list of the bonus features below and get your copy today!…or last week if you’re only interested in the Digital version.
- The Making of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” – A four-part, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, done in the style of classic-rock album liner notes.
- Visionary Intro – Director James Gunn provides context on how he continues and expands the storylines of these beloved characters in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.”
- Guardians Inferno Music Video – Join David Hasselhoff and special guests for a galactic retro dance party.
- Gag Reel – Laugh out loud at all the hilarious off-script shenanigans and bloopers that took place on the set of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” featuring all your favorite Guardians.
- Four Deleted Scenes – Check out four specific scenes that had to be cut from the film, including two extended scenes and two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentary – Check out a special narration of the film by director James Gunn, who guides fans through an inside look at the making of the movie.
All the features listed above plus four extra exclusives:
- Three Scene Breakdowns (Digital Exclusives) – We’ll reveal the anatomy of a few key scenes from the film. Discover the process in bringing these scenes to life. It starts with a doodle and the rest is film history. Audiences will be given the option to view 5-6 layers of specific scenes in the film. Scenes include “Eclector Escape,” “Gamora and Nebula,” and “Rocket and Ravagers.”
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! (Digital Exclusive) – Get an exclusive sneak peek inside the most anticipated ride at Disneyland, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!. We’ll dig into the concepts and inspiration, and talk about what it took to bring the most epic ride at Disneyland to life.